Material material (If you have no specific requirements, we will quote according to the standard material of different packaging boxes, as mentioned later)
1.1 Coating paper
Need physical objects - visual+tactile to feel.
It refers to the surface of paper being coated with a layer of cloth, which feels like touching shiny leather when touched by hand.
The ink printed or written on it is not easy to penetrate into the interior of the paper (more suitable for printing brightly colored content) and can display colors more realistically.
Coated paper is suitable for laminating (photoresist, matte, tactile film, etc.), just like electrostatic film is suitable for sticking to bright glass and is not easy to peel off.
The ink on coated paper only adheres to the surface of the paper, and without surface treatment, it is easy to fade.
Common coated papers include:
1.1.1 Art paper double copper/double powder/copper plate paper
(Commonly used grams: 80，105，128，157，200，250，300，350，400 grams)
Commonly used for the following types of products:
1) Album: Commonly used 300g double copper as the cover (the cover will be treated with glue to protect the printing effect of the album and prevent easy damage)
The inner pages are commonly made of 157g or 128g double copper, and other grams of inner pages can be used at the request of customers.
2) Instructions and Folding: It is generally recommended to use 105g or 128g double copper for folding. If it is too thick, it is easy to produce creases, burst edges, and whitening after folding. Generally, folding is not recommended to be over film, otherwise the paper may shift and the folding may not be accurately folded.
3) Business card, complete set of cards: usually 300g, mostly 350g, double-sided printing, double-sided surface treatment (when printing on both sides, only 300g and below can be used, and if it exceeds 300g, another printing process cannot be used for double-sided alignment.)
4) Gift box: 157g of double copper is commonly used as a face paper after being treated with glue. When an exciting effect is needed, 200g of double copper is used. 157g is the most commonly used face paper for jewelry box packaging manufacturers.
5) Paper bag: Generally, 200 grams, 250 grams, and 300 grams of double copper can be used, with a very small number using 157 grams of double copper. If there is no concept, 250 grams can be used directly.
6) Envelope: It is generally not recommended to use double copper paper for making envelopes. If necessary, surface treatment is necessary. It is recommended to use adhesive to prevent color fading and edge breakage. For Chinese envelopes, it is recommended to use 157g or 200g double copper paper, while for Western envelopes, 157g to 300g can be used.
1.1.2 Matte paper
(Commonly used grams:80，105，128，157，200，250，300，350，400 grams)
1) It is the same type of material as double copper, but with a special surface treatment, it feels very smooth to the touch and does not reflect light on the surface. The grade is relatively high, and many custom jewelry paper box packaging manufacturers use this material.
2) Matte paper can be used for the same purpose as double copper paper, but after surface treatment, the effect of matte paper is the same as that of double copper paper, and it will lose the high-end characteristics of matte paper. So generally, matte powder is only used on products such as flyers and brochures that do not require surface treatment.
1.1.3 One side coated ivory paper single powder card/single copper
(Commonly used grams: 210，250，300，350，400 grams)
Single powder card: coated on one side, with a rough back, generally suitable for printing on one side, but the rough side can also be printed according to customer requirements. The printing effect may not be as good as the coated surface, and the color may not be as saturated.
Commonly used for the following types of products:
1) Album: In rare cases, it will be used for the cover of the album, which is relatively hard and the overall effect will appear more stiff.
2) Folder: A folded folder used for single-sided printing. It must be surface treated to prevent color fading and edge damage.
3) Card box: The characteristics of single powder are high stiffness and strong hardness, making it very suitable for smaller boxes such as double insertion boxes and buckle bottom boxes. The most commonly used ones are 300g and 350g. For very small boxes, it is recommended to use 250g of single powder. If there is no concept, use 300g directly.
4) Paper card inner tray, envelope: It is recommended to use 300g, 350g materials, and use 300g directly when there is no concept.
5) Paper bags: 210 grams and 250 grams are commonly used to make paper bags. It must be treated with glue. A single powder of 300 grams is not suitable for making paper bags. If it is too hard, the edges may burst and easily rot. When there is no concept, 210 grams are used directly. Jewelry box manufacturers usually use 210 grams to produce jewelry bags.
6) Envelopes: A very small number of customers will request the use of single powder cards for envelopes, which must be used. It is recommended to use thinner ones, and Western style ones are preferred. Western style seals weighing 190g, 210g, 250g, and below can be machine glued, while those weighing more than 250g can only be manually glued. Chinese style envelopes made with single powder cards can only be manually glued, and 210g can be used directly when there is no concept.
1.1.4 Grey paper grey card/pink grey
(Commonly used grams: 210g, 250，300，350，400g)
Gray card: single-sided coating, with a rough and gray back, generally suitable for printing on one side. The gray back is not suitable for printing, and in rare cases, customers may request monochrome printing on the back.
Commonly used for the following types of products:
1) Card box: The characteristics of gray cards are high stiffness and hardness, but the back is gray, with a lower grade, suitable for direct use in smaller boxes such as double insertion boxes and buckle bottom boxes. The most commonly used boxes are 300g and 350g, and for very small boxes, 250g gray cards are recommended. Generally, custom jewelry paper packaging box manufacturers will add a gray card outer box to protect the customer's customized jewelry box, and the cost is not high.
2) Paper card inner tray, envelope: It is recommended to use materials of 300g and 350g.
3) Paper bags: 210 grams, 250 grams, and 300 grams are commonly used to make paper bags, and must be treated with glue.
4) Mounted Pit Color Box: Gray cards are most suitable for mounting together with pit paper. The coating surface of the gray card has a very good printing effect, and the cost of recycled gray paper on the back is low. The rough surface is easy to absorb glue and can easily adhere to the pit paper. After mounting the pit, it can achieve: A. Good printing effect; B. The stiffness and hardness are sufficient to effectively protect the product; C. Suitable for making larger boxes: double insertion boxes, buckle bottom boxes, airplane boxes, box structures, etc.
1.2 Non coated paper
Need physical objects - visual and tactile to feel.
Without a coating layer on the surface, ink can easily seep into the interior of the paper, resulting in a lighter color. Generally, bright colors are required, and this type of paper should be avoided as much as possible.
Non coated paper is not suitable for gluing, as there will be bubbles and easy delamination after gluing; Due to the lack of adhesive on non coated paper, when there are too many printing color spots, especially when it is made into a gift box, the edges and corners are prone to collision, color fading, and even edge bursting and rotting.
In addition, for non coated paper with heavy color spots, it is generally not recommended to make mounting pit color boxes. Pit paper has a certain thickness, and when folding, non coated paper is prone to bursting edges and fading.
If non coated paper needs surface treatment, it is recommended to oil it. Oil can provide a certain protective effect, but it is far inferior to glue.
Common uncoated paper:
1.2.1 Kraft paper
(There are white kraft, brown kraft, black kraft, and some special colored kraft papers) Kraft paper has good toughness and is generally not too easy to break. In addition, kraft paper appears natural and environmentally friendly in the eyes of many customers, so it is relatively popular among foreigners.
1) White kraft: (commonly used grams: 70，100，120，150，180，200，250 grams) White kraft with a beige color is suitable for multi color printing (the relative effect is not as good as coated paper). Bai Niu has strong toughness and is suitable for making gift box face paper (120g), envelopes (70-200g), paper bags (120-250g), envelopes (150-250g), etc. Bai Niu is the preferred face paper for many jewelry brands and jewelry paper box manufacturers. Using this white cowhide to custom jewelry boxes for customers will appear more natural and environmentally friendly, and it is also the most popular in the current market.
2) Brown kraft:
Brown cattle are generally only suitable for printing black or darker spot colors. Four color printing may be affected by the brown background color, and it is not ruled out that some customers may like this effect. In addition, it should be noted that the printing machine on brown cattle cannot print white effects. Generally, the white space that is hollow out in the document is the background color of brown cattle. If it is necessary to print white, two processes can be used: hot white and silk screen white. White ink can also be printed, but the white ink printed on the printing machine will have a slightly translucent feeling and may not be white enough. Brown cow has strong toughness and is suitable for making products with simple printing effects. It is best used for hot stamping and screen printing processes. Suitable products include gift box face paper (120g), envelopes (70-200g), paper bags (120-250g), envelopes (200-400g), card boxes (250-400g), etc. Many custom jewelry box packaging manufacturers use brown cattle and white cattle to match, which is currently the most popular combination, as shown in the picture.
3) Black cow black kraft: (Commonly used grams: 80，100，120，140，160，180，200，250，300，350，400 grams)
Black cattle generally do not undergo any printing, and the black background makes it difficult to show any content when printed.
Suitable for making products with simple effects, preferably for processes such as hot stamping, silk screen printing, and embossing. Suitable for products such as gift box face paper (120g), envelopes (70-200g), paper bags (120-250g), envelopes (200-400g), card boxes (250-400g), etc
1.2.2 Wooden paper/recycling paper book paper/double adhesive paper
(Commonly used grams: 80,100,120,140,160,180,200 grams)
It is the A4 printing paper we commonly use, suitable for making envelopes (70-200 grams), books and brochures (80-120 grams), and instruction manuals (80-120 grams)