Using surface treatment to increase the competitiveness of custom jewelry paper packaging box manufacturer：
1. Film covering
As the name suggests, it is to add a layer of protective film to the printing paper, which can be waterproof, protect the printing effect, and reduce damage to the material. Generally, lamination is only applied on coated paper, and only by laminating on coated paper can it be tightly adhered to the paper. If laminating on non coated paper, many fine bubbles will be generated, and the coated film will be easily peeled off.
The following products can be recommended for lamination treatment: card boxes, watch pit color boxes, paper cards, paper bags, gift boxes, album covers (inner pages are generally not laminating), etc. Basically, printing coated paper is suitable for lamination treatment.
The following products are not recommended to be covered even with coated paper: folding, inner pages of brochures, large quantity envelopes, etc. The covered folding or inner pages of brochures also have envelopes, which cannot be folded by the automatic machine and will result in significant labor costs (special attention).
Common laminations include:
1) Matte Lamination Matte Glue - After coating with matte film, the matte surface will not reflect light, and the color will be relatively reduced after coating. At the same time, it will make custom jewelry packaging appear more stable and high-end.
2) Glossy Lamination Glue - After coating with a light film, the bright surface will have a reflective effect, and the color will be relatively more vibrant after coating, which will make the printing effect of custom jewelry packaging box more vibrant.
3) Soft touch Lamination Touch Film - After covering with touch film, the surface is matte and will not reflect light. The visual effect is the same as that of matte glue, but the touch will be much different. When touched by hand, there will be a relatively soft touch and a thick feeling.
4) Scratch resistant coating - The texture is relatively hard and the surface is not easily scratched.
The price ranges from expensive to cheap: scratch resistant film>tactile film>matte glue>photoresist
Oil coating is mainly used to protect the printing effect. Both coated and uncoated paper can be oil coated. By applying a layer of oil on the surface paper, the printed color will not fade so easily, and the cost of oil coating will be cheaper than that of lamination. For coated paper, it is usually necessary to protect the printing effect, and for lower price situations, oil coating will be chosen; Or products that are not suitable for laminating, such as folding, brochure pages, envelopes, etc., may choose to use oil to protect the printing effect; There is also non coated paper that cannot be glued, so oil can only be chosen as a protective printing effect. This can achieve a natural effect and also create a beautiful effect for custom jewelry packaging box.
Matte varnish has less reflective effect after being oiled, but it is not completely matte.
Glossy varnish, after being oiled, tends to have a glossy surface and will have a certain reflective effect.
The price of gloss and matte oil is the same.
3. Spot UV
1) The process of UV printing, also known as silk screen printing, can be performed on any paper. However, if the texture is deep, the UV effect may be slightly lacking. Additionally, UV presents a bright surface effect, so UV treatment is generally not added on top of photoresist.
2) Generally, UV technology will be added after coating the matte film, adding a glossy effect on the matte surface. A transparent UV effect of the same shape can be added on the logo, company name, brand name, or product to highlight the part requested by the customer, which will appear more high-end.
3) Some customers may also like to add transparent UV patterns such as logos, text, patterns, or product images to the full base color (both coated and uncoated paper are acceptable).
4) UVs can also have different colors. UVs with different colors usually do not have printing patterns underneath, as colored UVs will cover the printed content underneath.
With this process, custom jewelry paper packaging box manufacturer can achieve a more sudden brand effect.
4. Hot foil stamping: Golden/Silver
1) Hot stamping process: Make a good electric plate (also known as a mold), which is carved according to the customer's requirements. After heating the electric plate, press the gold material (which can have many different colors collectively referred to as gold material) onto the paper. High temperature and high pressure can make the gold material hot stamping on the paper according to the shape we need, Or on other fabrics (such as fabric, leather, PVC, etc.), the hot stamping materials used for each different material are different and cannot be mixed.
2) The purpose of hot stamping is to add one or more metallic patterns, logos, and other contents to the surface of the face paper (which can be printed paper, special paper, coated or not coated), which can make the packaging appear more high-end.
3) The classification of gold materials mainly includes: ordinary gold=normal price, colored gold=slightly expensive, and laser gold=very expensive.
4) Hot stamping restriction: For text hot stamping, the size of a single word must be greater than 1.3mm in length and width (larger sizes must be greater than 1.3mm). If it is too small, the text will stick together when hot pressed.
5) The cost of hot stamping is closely related to the hot stamping area, and the larger the area, the higher the cost. It is generally recommended to control the hot stamping area within 10X10CM
This is the most commonly used process for custom jewelry packaging paper box.
1) The process of embossing/embossing is similar to that of hot stamping, in that both require the preparation of an electrical board and the application of high pressure to press the desired pattern onto the surface of the paper, creating a raised or recessed pattern. Convex/concave stimulation does not require heating or metal support.
2) Convex/Concave+Hot stamping: Both can be carried out simultaneously, with dual processes applied to the same pattern. This allows the hot stamping part to be both raised or recessed, giving it a metallic texture and a three-dimensional effect, resulting in a very high-end effect.
3) Sharp convex/concave is suitable for any product in any situation, but when gift boxes (handmade boxes) are processed with a sharp convex/concave process, the thickness of the face paper needs to be increased. The face paper we often make for gift boxes (handmade boxes) is relatively thin: 157 grams of double copper, 100 to 120 grams of kraft paper or special paper. When used as a gift box (handmade box), the raised/recessed face paper will be softened by glue, and after foaming treatment, the raised or recessed effect will be flattened, losing its original three-dimensional sense. Therefore, when using the raised/recessed process on handmade box products, the face paper needs to be thickened. Double copper: 200g, kraft paper, and special paper use 150g to 180g. If the convex/concave area is too large, use 250g for double copper, around 200g for kraft paper, and special paper (if the convex area is small, it is not necessary to thicken the surface paper, which needs to be decided by colleagues in the engineering department).
4) Limitations of convex/concave process: The thickness of the line needs to be at least 2mm and less than 10mm, and neither too thin nor too thick can achieve the best effect of convex.
5) When using special paper for embossing/embossing, materials ranging from 140 grams to 200 grams are generally selected. However, the specific hardness of the material also depends. If it is a very hard material, materials with lower grams should be used. If it is a softer material, materials with higher grams should be used. However, special paper mainly consists of 110 grams and 120 grams, followed by 250 grams. Therefore, it is recommended to use less special paper for embossing/embossing treatment as much as possible. In many cases, only special paper of 110g and 120g can be used. If necessary, it is recommended to reduce the content of bumps/indentations and not make the area too large.
This process can make custom jewelry paper packaging box not only visually high-end and natural, but also tactile layered.